Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Fine-Feathered Friends

Writing is such an incredible release for me! I am loving having a venue to jot thoughts! Somehow getting it out on paper (so to speak) opens more space in my mind. Ahhhhh, I love it!

So, I am thinking about birds tonight. Have you ever considered how many species of birds exist? It is quite staggering. I give credit to my mother for my love and fascination with birds (and nature for that matter). We had a bird feeder in our backyard while I was growing up and a bird book on the coffee table near the picture window. Many times we would excitedly take the book and try to discover what new bird was visiting the feeder. Rose-breasted Grosbeaks, Purple Finches, American Goldfinches, and Evening Grosbeaks were some that caused excitement when they first visited us. Stunningly beautiful. Stunningly unique. Thanks Mom for instilling in me an appreciation for nature and for God who created it - I miss you!



No comments:

Post a Comment