Saturday, November 14, 2009

Holiday Frenzy

My heart goes out to many who find that the holidays bring to the heart sadness, loneliness, disappointments......anything other then the expected feelings of joy and good cheer. I love Christmas but have found that the stress of buying the perfect gifts on a shoestring budget, making sure that I have forgotten no one, and making plans to visit family and friends tends to leave me feeling overwhelmed instead of cheerful. The past couple of days, I have noticed my anxiety levels rise as I am trying to coordinate the calendar - my biggest source of holiday malaise. I am a people person - nothing gives me more joy then spending time with those that I love. What to do when there just isn't enough time in a day or in a "vacation" to see and do all that my heart longs to???

The biggest thing I do not want to do in the midst of all of the extras we have attached to Christmas is forget why it is that we celebrate. I celebrate Christmas because it the recognition of the birth of my Savior, Jesus Christ. He came in the simplest of ways - born in a stable - resting in an animal feeding trough - wrapped in loose cloths. Yes, He was celebrated in the heavenly realms as the angels sang for joy over the quiet sheep-lined hills. It is a joyful time! I must recapture that joy and eliminate expectations that rob that joy! GOOD NEWS OF GREAT JOY - A SAVIOR HAS BEEN BORN! AMEN! Ahhh, the peace is stored to my anxious heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment