Monday, July 13, 2009

Brand New

There is something rather intimidating about starting something new. Be it a new job, a relationship, motherhood....even this blog page. I thought it would be a fun way to write, something that I have always wanted to do. So, here I go!

It has been a long-time inkling in my heart to write something and title it Kaleidoscope Wisdom.

Why? What do you you think of when you come across the word Kaleidoscope? I think of a myriad of colors swirling and beautiful. I think of, depending on how you capture light, shadows and brilliance dancing before my eyes. I love sparkling, shimmering colors.

Now, imagine if you will, those colors - the reds, blues, greens, golds, oranges - representing pieces of our lives. For me, red indicating times of strong emotions (both positive and negative), blues representing times of tranquility, greens of productivity. And so on. Our lives, then, being displayed if you will as a Kaleidoscope, ever changing and unique. Even the most difficult or painful moments add to the color of who we are and when mixed in with the other colors, makes for a beautiful image.

When we hold the Kaleidoscope up to the light, the colors are brilliant and beautiful. For me, this represents God. He is the Light. Through Him, the bits and pieces that make up our lives come into clear and brilliant view. Without Him, without the Light, we do not see how each moment in our lives comes together to form beauty. In essence, without Him, it is senseless. He alone takes the shards of red, orange, green. blue, and puts them together into something spectacular, radiated through His light....if we are willing to truly look, we will see.

Where, then, is the Wisdom piece? Well, I thought that this blog may be a spot to share my thoughts on things.....friendship, peace, forgiveness, healing....bits of wisdom gathered from my life and experiences to be shared with those who want it or need it and left behind by those who do not.

I hope it will bring a sense of release for me as I create, and a sense of hope and enjoyment for those who travel to this spot! God bless us all on this incredible journey of life! Thanks for visiting Kaleidoscope Wisdom!

2 comments:

  1. I found it! I can already tell you're going to do a great job at this!

    Barry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina, I've always believed in my heart that you are a beautiful writer. I remember you showing me something you'd written once and it was beautiful. As a writer myself I know how hard it is to just put it out there for others to see, but you are a beautiful writer, alway's believe that :) Love, Kim allispuppy

    ReplyDelete