Monday, July 13, 2009

A Symphony of Fireflies

I remember as a child the magic of Fireflies dancing in an open meadow at my sister's house. It was a stunning display of flickering lights that made the night seem somehow whimsical instead of frightening. We were all gathered one year, as we did annually, to delight in fireworks that my brother-in-law smuggled into the state (as it was not legal to have fireworks in Minnesota). As we were waiting for our entertainment to begin, we looked out to the meadow in front of us and saw a display of little green flickering lights like I had never seen before. It was almost a symphony of lights, random and breathtaking. We laughed with delight to see what looked like millions of Fireflies doing their best to "open the show" for us that night. A memory I will treasure forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment