Thursday, August 20, 2009

Difficult Days

It has been a long time since I have posted anything. There has been much going on that has left me feeling at a loss for words. The fragility of life is before me right now. I have been following a little girl on CaringBridge who was recently diagnosed with a brain tumor - a very aggressive one and one that is located in such a way that they could not fully remove it with surgery. She is a trooper and at the same age as my Olivia. Makes me feel so sad for this family. Most recently, my dearest friends in the world are going through a deeply painful experience. It is a dark time for them, and as friends, for us as well.

I have been contemplating this over the past days and considering what it means to walk alongside someone who is hurting. There are moments as you shoulder hard times with someone that you feel so completely helpless. In my helplessness, I want to run. I somehow want that helplessness to travel with me to be left far from the situation. For me then to return with a solution. But, I have come to accept that simply being present has a component of comfort that cannot be adequately expressed. To you my precious friends, I tell you that I am present. That I am available to support and comfort in any way that I can. And, that I will indeed not run but remain, prayerfully awaiting God's plans to unfold before us, and anticipating the jubilant dance that follows good news! I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment