Sunday, August 2, 2009

just thoughts

Been awhile since I have written anything. I have some anxiety filling my thoughts and heart today. I hate the strangling feeling that anxiety has at it twists and tightens around my chest and throat. Tonight I am nervous about a job interview I have tomorrow. I am disappointed that my business venture hasn't replaced my lost income, and yet feel grateful that this new opportunity has been given to me. It seems that no matter how old I get, interviewing NEVER feels good. So, I am praying for peaceful thoughts tonight and doing my best to distract. Writing feels like a good release tonight.

Favorite things:

spending time with cherished people, laughing, reading a great book, watching a great movie, smelling something yummy baking, looking at things of beauty, listening to the songs of nature, sharing memories, hugs, singing, big fluffy clouds, fireworks, watching decorating shows, watching cooking shows with Emily, Olivia's kisses, Chad's jokes, Barry's laugh, getting lost in moments of realizing how big God is and how small I am (along with my problems), hearing the purr of my cat (although she is very intense after being alone so long), decorating my house, finding a solution to a problem, discovering something new and delightful...........

Wow, that will snap you out of funk - jotting down favorite things makes you smile as you think about positive things - try it for yourself!

1 comment:

  1. yes, I find that blogging about worship helps so much... I think it is the refocusing on to the One who deserves the attention :-)
    Yep, we always worry if God will help us in our tiny little problems but in reality He is so AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete